This Central Illinois Zoo features some exceptional sights that definitely set it apart and rival zoos in greater metropolitan areas
No matter whether it’s the giraffes contacting your title or some of the quite a few other animals that contact Peoria Zoo property, your youngsters will adore this household outing
This 12 months-spherical zoo is entire of animals and enjoyable for your family when you are hunting to take a shorter day excursion from Champaign-Urbana, but not fairly seeking to venture to a massive town for your experience. We feel the Peoria Zoo will become a favored for your youngsters and you will have a new spot to take a look at even though creating some fantastic reminiscences alongside the way.
Take note: Because of to COVID-19, some general public attractions may perhaps be shut or working underneath limitations. Be sure to verify the internet site or social media for Peoria Zoo before arranging your journey, and be aware of any protection protocols or travel constraints currently in outcome.
10 Points to Know about Browsing Peoria Zoo
- The zoo is open up yr-round, closing only on important holidays. It is a superior plan to invest in your tickets ahead of time to guarantee you can enter the zoo when you want. All tickets are at present getting bought on the web, so invest in them in advance of you go to stay clear of delays.
- Put on your strolling shoes. Don’t be deceived into pondering this is a “small city zoo.” You will do plenty of going for walks below! Now, we do think you could probably rush by means of the zoo and get it finished in underneath two hours, but why would you want to? Extend it out, delight in your time in each space and be ready for an outing that entails all those people actions (for on your own and your littles).
- The entire AFRICA! exhibit is amazing! Like all caps, exclamation point remarkable. Monkeys, gazelle, rhinos, giraffes, zebras and additional, this is what definitely elevates this zoo to “next level” position. Appreciate it from many vantage details. You can spend a whole check out just right here.
- Moo, baa, la la la. Never skip the barn exhibit mainly because your youngsters will love viewing all the farm animals up shut. More youthful young children primarily adore farm animals, so get your “Old McDonald” singing expertise prepared and hang out at the barn. Really don’t skip it! (This is being confined owing to COVID-19.)
- The walkabout in Australia will get you up close to the animals. Want to get eye-to-eye with an emu? You can do that appropriate right here. They also have budgie feedings at the budgie aviary (extra $2 cost applies), but those may possibly not be going on for the duration of COVID-19.
- Numerous concessions are out there at the Zambezi River Lodge commencing on weekends in April and functioning via September daily support Memorial Day by Labor Working day. Common concession fare can be discovered, or there may possibly be instances that concessions are just seize-and-go design.
- Feed the giraffes day-to-day at midday and 2 p.m. (further rate applies). This is the instant your young children will be begging you to occur back again and do all over again and once more in long run yrs! We suggest asking as quickly as you get to the zoo when it is occurring. (May not be occurring for the duration of COVID-19.)
- Picnic at Glen Oak Park. The Peoria Zoo is operated by the Peoria Park District and sits on the similar property as the Peoria Playhouse and Glen Oak Park. Glen Oak Park has playgrounds, picnic tables, a small lagoon and far more. Extend your working day vacation with a picnic just outside the zoo, if you desire.
- Wander through the Luthy Botanical Backyard garden prior to you depart. There are so a lot of lovely types of flora to love and it can be a fantastic way to start out or stop your zoo day. And seriously, during the overall zoo home and surrounding park places, there are heaps of spots to enable the littles out of the strollers and wander about in “nature engage in parts.” Just another rationale we consider you will want to acquire your time on your day excursion and enjoy it to the fullest.
- You may contemplate a membership. Membership pays for itself in about a few visits for a relatives of 4, additionally you get a reciprocal membership to other space zoos. This indicates you are going to get 50 per cent off admission to Scovill Zoo and Miller Park Zoo, and you can save 50 p.c on the popular Adventure Go at the Saint Louis Zoo. Is it for absolutely everyone? No. But if you take into account yourselves zoo junkies and are looking to do ALL the out of doors matters this yr, a zoo membership may perhaps be for you.
Wanting to keep overnight in Peoria? Right here are some possibilities we’ve uncovered by means of AirBnB. (You should take note these are affiliate inbound links. If you ebook, we get a small fee. Many thanks for supporting our compact business.)
Riverfront Beauty in Peoria: This home’s riverfront sights steal the show, and it features of owning the ideal sunsets in Central Illinois. Shut to metropolis facilities. Evaluate: “This is a concealed gem in central Illinois. If you are searching for a peaceful, quiet, peaceful house to invest some time away from the hustle and bustle – appear no further! The wall of windows overlooking the river is value it all…but there is so substantially more to this minimal house on the river!” Sleeps six. Normally rents about $125/night time ahead of fees.
The Castle Apartment: Delight your loved ones with this stay in a actual castle! Alright, we’re not guaranteed that this is particularly a real castle, but it certain appears the element. This 2-bedroom, 2-bath condominium is in the coronary heart of downtown Peoria. Tons of family members-helpful facilities for those people with kiddos underneath 5, like a crib. Old wonderful wooden floors, stunning substantial ceilings and tons of woodwork. This is a one of a kind stay. Ordinarily rents for about $80/evening ahead of costs.
The Best Spots to Get Close to Animals in the Champaign-Urbana Area | Sensory Helpful Spots for Young children to Engage in in the Champaign-Urbana Area | Summer Enjoyable in Champaign-Urbana | Nationwide Museum Passport Plan Will make the Most of Your Nearby Museum Membership | 10 Matters to Know About Scovill Zoo in Decatur | 10 Matters to Know About Miller Park Zoo in Bloomington-Normal