AmericInn by Wyndham, the family-friendly hotel brand known for being America’s welcoming neighbour, has launched a nationwide search for one travel-ready, social-savvy family to hit the road this summer and help show off the best of the Midwest. Best of all, the gig comes with a $15,000 payday.
From Kansas to Minnesota, the Midwest’s state fairs are a classic American summer tradition, with the promise of activities, foods, and the nation’s top musicians. AmericInn’s first-ever State Fair Family will have the enviable mission of soaking it all in, visiting at least three iconic state fairs over a week and sharing their experiences on social media. In exchange, the winning family will receive a $15,000 payday, including a $10,000 travel stipend and $5,000 cash. The job also features a suitcase full of AmericInn swag, an upgrade to Wyndham Rewards Diamond membership and bragging rights for the most incredible summer job ever.
“Just like state fairs, AmericInn hotels are a staple of the Midwest, connecting guests to incredible experiences throughout the heartland of America,” said Clem Bence, vice president and brand leader, AmericInn by Wyndham. “Our first-ever State Fair Family will create memories of a lifetime as they discover the best that summer fairs offer while relishing in the comforts of home at AmericInn.”
About the Role:
This dream job entails a family road trip to some of the most iconic state fairs in the United States and creating lifelong memories through captured moments on social media. Creative content and experiences of the winning family will be featured on the AmericInn brand website and social media channels.
- Attend a minimum of three separate Midwest state fairs over one week this summer.
- Document adventures in real-time with unique photo and video content.
- Contribute to the future AmericInn “Best of the Midwest Fair Guide.”
- Inspire others by sharing experiences on social media channels.
- A social-media-savvy family with active social media accounts (preferably TikTok and Instagram).
- Parents or guardians must be at least 21 years old.
- U.S. resident with a valid federal or state-issued ID and the ability to drive to select locations.
- Availability to travel between late August and mid-September.
- Seven paid nights at AmericInn hotels
- $10,000 travel stipend
- $5,000 cash
- Wyndham Rewards Diamond level membership
- Suitcase full of AmericInn swag
- A fun-filled adventure
Applicants are required to submit a 300-word minimum written entry and family photo or 1–3-minute video describing what makes their family the ideal candidate for the job. Submissions close 3 August 2022.