Have you ever seriously considered what it would be like to stay in a luxury hotel? Luxury hotels have the potential to take your hotel experiences a notch higher. Here, Aegean Holidays discuss some of the features and benefits based on experience.
Not all the things discussed here will apply to each luxury hotel, which is why proper research is critical if there’s something you want. The points below are based on the experiences of people staying at different hotels including Sheraton, Shangri-La, Alpen Palace Spa Hotels, and The Luxury Collection.
The following are some of the features and benefits of staying in a luxury hotel:
In the best luxury hotels, you can expect to find everything from the reception, lounge, exterior, and every other public area with a lovely and fancy design. You might feel like you are in a special place right from when you walk through the door.
Following on from the moment that you walk through the door, some of the luxury hotels such as Alpen Palace, Luxury Collection Hotels, and the Shangri-La have a great scent as you walk into the hotel as well as in the corridors. Little details such as this are very pleasant and will add a great deal to your experience.
Security is usually very impressive at luxury hotels, often with cameras and special card access to rooms when using the lift to reach your floor. In the room, you will likely find a safe too. While you might not always see them, you can rest assured that security guards are often on the watch too.
Event and Conference Facilities
The vast majority of luxury hotels tend to be adequately equipped and offer facilities, which include meeting and conference rooms along with facilities for banquets and weddings.
The service that you receive at a luxury hotel needs to be exceptional and the staff regularly provides a great deal of personal care. Luxury hotels often employ a lot more staff who are usually highly trained in their roles.
A few of the services that you can expect include:
- Welcome drinks upon your arrival;
- Turndown (preparing your room for sleep);
- Flowers in the room;
- A bottle of champagne or wine sometimes;
- Welcome sweets such as chocolate, macaroons in the room;
- Car parking service;
- Personalised touches such as welcome notes, your name on your table, etc.
- The staff will probably be extremely polite, professional and smiley, with great personal appearance and may also be multilingual.
Butler services may include:
- Providing a personal welcome and check-in into the room;
- Contacting you before your arrival to make special requests;
- The butler may also offer tips and advice for the destination and can be hired sometimes to show you around;
- Packing and unpacking service;
- Laundry and shoeshine service;
- And a whole lot more depending on the hotel.
Luxury hotels often have some of the loveliest rooms. Sometimes those rooms are designed according to the local destination or a genre and this is usually the case with “The Luxury Collection” brand. You might find their rooms to be incredibly cosy and you will be tempted to spend a lot of your time there.
In luxury hotels, you can expect to have some of the best night’s sleep that you have ever had in your life. The beds tend to be extremely comfortable and large with heavy sheets and you might end up feeling so cosy that you might have a hard time getting out of them. You are also likely to find your room with a large selection of pillows.