KILLEEN, Texas (KWTX) – It took several crews several several hours to get a large hotel fire under regulate Friday evening.
It occurred at the Hilton Yard Inn, on O.W. Curry, in the vicinity of the Killeen Shopping mall.
Hearth officers say they ended up referred to as out to the hotel around 8:30pm.
When they arrived, they say they discovered flames coming from the roof of the resort, out of the fourth flooring of the building.
A person thing officers say manufactured putting the fireplace out a lot more challenging was the simple fact that an automated fire suppression technique was not functioning, because of to frozen pipes.
Crews finally acquired the fire below command just following midnight.
At the time of the fire, all 102 rooms were occupied, but there were no major injuries reported.
Officers say, having said that, that 1 human being was handled at the scene for minor accidents, and two persons took themselves to a nearby hospital for cure from smoke inhalation.
Proper now, a number of of the occupants from the fireplace are at Skyline Baptist Church, and are remaining assisted by the American Purple Cross. If you have been a displaced occupant of the lodge, officials are asking you to simply call (254) 501-8864 and leave your identify, home variety, number of occupants and a great telephone selection or e mail.
Investigators are continue to hunting for the induce of the hearth.
In a published assertion, the normal supervisor of the resort told KWTX, “We go on to cooperate with the neighborhood metropolis authorities and the metropolis fireplace marshal as they keep on their investigation.”
Copyright 2021 KWTX. All legal rights reserved.